Sam Tallent (“the absurd voice of a surreal generation”- The Denver Post) is a comedian, novelist and host of the Chubby Behemoth Podcast.
For the last decade, he has performed more than 45 weekends per year in North America, Asia, Australia and Europe.
His writing has appeared in Birdy Magazine and on VICE.com and he’s told jokes on Comedy Central, TruTV and VICELAND.
His acclaimed debut novel, Running the Light, heralded as the definitive book on standup comedy, is soon to be a major motion picture (Doug Stanhope: “the best fictional representation of comedy in any medium ever,” Marc Maron: “a beautiful rendering of a dark reality”). His novella, ATTABOY, was published as an Audible Original.
Waiting For Death to Claim Us, his comedy special, is available on Amazon Prime.
He lives in Colorado and cooks dinner for his wife every night.
TO PURCHASE TICKETS: Please click on the showtime under the date you wish to attend.
- All events are 21+
- Tickets are General Admission. In the event that a show is sold out, we may send an e-mail to the address used to purchase tickets so that assigned seating may be arranged to ensure your party is able to sit together.
- Please arrive NO LATER than 15 minutes before show start time.
- If you arrive less than 15 minutes before show start time, we cannot promise that your party will be seated together.
- If you do not arrive by 15 minutes after show start time, your tickets may expire and we cannot guarantee that your seats will still be available.
- There is NO item minimum for attending shows, however we do offer a full bar selection, mocktails and other non-alcoholic options, as well a a rotating selection of snacks.
Planet of the Tapes specializes in table service, with a convenient silent ordering system. Instead of leaving your table to get in line at a busy bar, just fill out a ticket with your drink order and a server will promptly and quietly bring your drinks to the table. We're a small room, and we're not overcrowded. You'll be no more than 25 feet away from your favorite performer.