Reed Sedgwick is a gender-queer Louisville comic who spent the pandemic growing one and a half sideburns. Their act is proof that laughing at a trans person isn’t always a bad thing.
In 2021, Sedgwick took part in Limestone Comedy Festival. They’ve also been part of Accidental, Cape Fear, and Whiskey Bear Comedy Festivals.
Louisville Magazine described their hands as “struggling birds” in the announcement that their long-running open mic, Comedy Collider, was Best Open Mic Night of Louisville in 2016.
In 2018, they mounted Headcase, their one-person show about psychosis, for Louisville Fringe Festival. They have opened for Beth Stelling, Cameron Esposito, Kyle Kinane, Jackie Kashian, Myq Kaplan, and Stewart Huff.
Once, a competition judge unironically told them their set “wasn’t preachy at all.” That’s because Sedgwick writes jokes from an outsider’s perspective that are for everyone to enjoy.
TO PURCHASE TICKETS: Please click on the showtime under the date you wish to attend.
- All events are 21+ unless otherwise noted.
- Tickets are General Admission. In the event that a show is sold out, we may send an e-mail to the address used to purchase tickets so that assigned seating may be arranged to ensure your party is able to sit together.
- Please arrive NO LATER than 15 minutes before show start time.
- If you arrive less than 15 minutes before show start time, we cannot promise that your party will be seated together.
- If you do not arrive by 15 minutes after show start time, your tickets may expire and we cannot guarantee that your seats will still be available.
- There is NO item minimum for attending shows, however we do offer a full bar selection, mocktails and other non-alcoholic options, as well a a rotating selection of snacks and charcuterie boards
Planet of the Tapes specializes in table service, with a convenient silent ordering system. Instead of leaving your table to get in line at a busy bar, just fill out a ticket with your drink order and a server will promptly and quietly bring your drinks to the table. We're a small room, and we're not overcrowded. You'll be no more than 25 feet away from your favorite performer.